Sunday, August 28, 2011

The NON-Extreme Couponer: Example of Why I use coupons.



I know many people have a ton of excuses as to why they do not use coupons.  The truth is the benefits out weigh the work involved. It may come to a surprise to many of you (it sure dose to my in-laws) that lower enlisted military dose not make a lot of money.  It's the end of the pay period and my lovely husband got into the kids juice.  We have very little money left with out going into our savings.  What is a girl to do?   I for one refuse to give my very young kids the kool-aid my husband loves so much.  Tea has caffeine and we all know where that goes.  My solution a quick coupon trip to the commissary.  So here I am planning out coupons I will take with me for my nice walk to our local commissary.

Coupons in my bag:

1 free Pantene shampoo/conditioner - Max value 4.99- No longer available
1 free Fresh Express bag salad - Max value 4.00- No longer available
2 $1.50 off one Welch's Jam, jelly, or spread - Facebook offer - Grab on Wednesdays wile promotion and
       supplies last
2 $1 off 1 10pk. Minute Maid juice boxes - Coupons.com print off swagbucks for 10 swagbucks after you
   use it and another one here  so you can get up to 4
2 $ 1 off 1 Renuzit super odor neutralizer (Works on cones) - Coupons.com print off Swagbucks for 10
   swagbucks
2 $2 off 8th continent soy milk- Get off 8thcontinent.com
1 $1 off 2 yoplait Greek yogurt cups - No longer available

What came home with me?



Pantene 2 & 1 $3.77 - coupon = FREE
Fresh Express salad $2.17 - coupon = FREE
2 Greek yogurts $.69 each - coupon = 88 cents total
2 Welch's jelly $1.85 each - coupons = 70 cents total
1 Minute Maid Juice box $2.79 - coupon = $1.79
1 Capri Sun Roarin Waters $1.69 - no coupon

Surcharge $0.78


Total coupons used:       10.44                 Total spent:          5.84      % coupon savings:   67

In addition I will be sending my receipt to Welch's and getting a free sandwich keeper box.  Here i the form for that.  Welch's sandwich keeper.

This shopping trip provided me with:
For this week:
Fruit juice
Veggies
Dairy
Flavored water for hubby


For my stock pile:

2 Jellys
1 shampoo/conditioner

And a bonus sandwich keeper

Coupons can be really good even for the NON-Extreme couponer

No comments:

Post a Comment